The Project Management Institute (PMIB) is pleased to publish The PMI Project Management Fact Book, Second Edition.
PMI is the world’s leading project management association, now with more than 70,000 members in more than 120 countries. Individual practitioners, along with businesses, industries, and organizations, count on the project management profession and PMI to help them succeed in the global marketplace, accomplishing their strategic objectives through the practice of project management. PMI is committed to delivering products and services that set the industry standard, advance the project management knowledge base, and meet the needs of our members and other stakeholders.
This new book is an enlarged and updated version of the groundbreaking The PMI Project Management Fact Book published in 1999. Its five principal sections are structured to serve as a comprehensive compilation of information and data about:
1. The Profession of project management.
2. The Project, including typical costs, scope, dimension, and challenges associated with projects.
3. Individuals Working in Project Management, including a profile of their qualifications, responsibilities, compensation, etc.
4. The Environment of Project Management activities, within the global context of organizational structure and practice.
5. The Project Management Institute itself, including its structure, membership, activities, and services.
The PMI Project Management Fact Book, Second Edition will be welcomed as a benchmark resource by the project management community and those with an interest in learning more about the profession.