Why a Slow Cooker?
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a kitchen assistant to do the cooking so that you could do more important things—like relax! Could you sometimes use another oven? How about a buffet or hot-beverage server for holiday parties or for days when family members arrive home at different times?
A slow cooker is all these things and more. Here are a few reasons every kitchen should have one.
- A slow cooker lets you make dishes when it suits your schedule. The cooker can be set for overnight, or while you are out, or when you are at home doing other things.
- A slow cooker saves money by using less energy than the oven or stovetop.
- Inexpensive cuts of meat fare best in a slow cooker, turning into succulent comfort food.
- Slow-cooked food tastes even better the next day, so you can cook once and prepare several meals, saving both time and money.
- A slow cooker is perfect for entertaining. You can enjoy your company while the slow cooker does all the work, or use your slow cooker as a buffet server to keep food or beverages warm.
- A slow cooker doesn’t heat up the whole house like a conventional stove, so you won’t mind using it on a hot summer day.
- A slow cooker is handy for cooking where ovens are not available, such as in a vacation home or on a boat.
- Why A Slow Cooker?
- Choosing A Slow Cooker
- Tips And Techniques
- Slow Cooker Safety
- The French Pantry
- Chicken, Turkey, And Duck
- Soufflés, Quiches, And Other Egg Dishes
- Legumes And Grains