The Shelly Cashman Series® offers the finest textbooks in computer education. We are proud that our previous HTML books have been so well received. With each new edition of our HTML books, we have made significant improvements based on the comments made by instructors and students. The HTML5 and CSS, Seventh Edition books continue with the innovation, quality, and reliability you have come to expect from the Shelly Cashman Series.
For this text, the Shelly Cashman Series development team carefully reviewed its pedagogy and analyzed its effectiveness in teaching today’s student. Students today read less, but need to retain more. They need not only to be able to perform skills, but to retain those skills and know how to apply them to different settings. Today’s students need to be continually engaged and challenged to retain what they’re learning.
With this HTML book, we continue our commitment to focusing on the user and how they learn best.
HTML5 and CSS: Comprehensive, Seventh Edition is intended for use in a three-unit course that presents an in-depth coverage of HTML and basic Web design techniques. No experience with Web page development or computer programming is required. Specific objectives of this book are as follows:
• To teach the fundamentals of developing Web pages using a comprehensive Web development life cycle
• To acquaint students with the HTML and CSS languages and creating Web pages suitable for course work, professional purposes, and personal use
• To expose students to common Web page formats and functions
• To promote curiosity and independent exploration of World Wide Web resources
• To develop an exercise-oriented approach that allows students to learn by example
• To encourage independent study and help those who are learning how to create Web pages in a distance education environment
• To acquaint students with the XHTML guidelines
• To show the benefits of XML